32% of credit card incidents are concentrated in summer


The heat comes, we go on vacation and relax. And that is sometimes synonymous with lowering one’s guard. 20% of the incidents that are registered with bank cards take place outside the place of residence, according to data published by Best Bank Spain, a company specialized in card insurance.

Of the incidents recorded, 65% occurred within Spain and the remaining 35% during stays abroad. In addition, 32% of claims related to these plastics are concentrated in the summer months, which makes the period in which the most card robberies and losses occur during the summer.

 

Credit cards

Credit cards

If the focus is on the type of incidence suffered, most cases correspond to losses (57%). On the other hand, robberies represent 38% of the total and the remaining 5% is associated with other types of incidents such as cloning and fraudulent use. Considering the difference by sex, the most affected are men who accumulate more than 6 out of 10 cases, compared to women, with 36% of the incidents.

These figures show that during vacations and trips, the possibility of loss or theft of bank cards rises exponentially since the relaxation and distraction of resting moments They make the headline lower their guard.

Before the arrival of the holiday period par excellence, with an expected travel growth above 10% according to Exceltur forecasts and in which according Estimates of some tourist portals such as Trip Advisor , 90% of Spaniards plan to enjoy a few days off outside their usual residence, it is important to take precautions and take measures to protect Bank cards Therefore, Best Bank has developed a decalogue of recommendations for Protect the cards during the summer.

 

Ten tips to protect cards in summer

Ten tips to protect cards in summer

  1. Even if you are on vacation enjoying a moment of relaxation, do not let your guard down. Pay attention to what is happening around you.
  2. Shopping: Do not lose sight of your card when making a payment and make sure its return at the end.
  3. On the street: Never carry your wallet in your back pocket or your bag or backpack that is not properly closed or on your back.
  4. In crowded places: transport, entrance to tourist attractions, festivals and other summer celebrations are times when crowds occur and you can be more clueless. Always keep your personal items under control.
  5. In bars, terraces and restaurants: Never leave your purse or backpack on the back of your chair or your wallet on the table.
  6. On the beach: Do not leave your belongings in view of everyone. Try to carry only the essentials and ask someone to watch your stuff while you take a bath.
  7. Online shopping: if you book your vacation online, always use secure pages and if you access the connection via Wi-Fi, it is also secure.
  8. At the cashier: before taking money, pay attention to the people that roam around them. When you dial your PIN number it prevents someone from seeing you enter it.
  9. If you suffer the theft or loss of your cards, act as quickly as possible. Having a list of all you have will help you to proceed to your blocking and thus avoiding fraudulent use.
  10. Download the free Best Bank app and with just one call we will help you in case of any incident. You can also find other utilities for your trip: international clock, tip calculator, currency converter, nearby points of interest (embassy stations, hospitals, etc.).

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *